Thursday, January 21, 2010

Heart's Broken...Stay Strong... Smile

How do you tell the heart to stop feeling?
How do you separate the lie from the truth?
How do you stare at the sun but don’t feel warmth.
Why is your sky dark, but everyone else’s is blue?
Or why do I continue to hold on to someone,
Who has obviously moved on from me?
They aren’t my destiny, we aren’t meant to be.
I’m nothing to them but a distant faint memory.
Two of the women I gave all of my heart to,
Both are separately living my dream.
One had a baby, and the other one is married…
Those were my goals, my life, and my family.
Once I found out the news, my stomach cringed.
My eyes watered up quickly, but I dared not cry.
I was famished, but then, my appetite faded.
My life suddenly ended, except I didn’t die.
How can a heart, that’s already broken, break?
Now, I’m more alone then ever.
Waiting, seeking, searching, hoping…
But it seems my heart will be broken forever.
But I’m stronger then just another sad poem.
I wrote this one, and I didn’t know where to start.
I’m strong but so many burdens,
I don’t think anyone could live with what’s on my heart.
With visions of a past of a dream that didn’t last.
Poems of heart break, poems of anger.
Poems of pain, poems of selfless heart,
Being held back by a selfish anchor.
But when most would just lie down, give up.
I got up, and will continue to work hard.
Because I was made different right?
I was made in the Heavens, amongst the stars.
That’s exactly why I can deal with so much pain.
The stuff that would drive a normal man wild.
Stare adversity right in the face,
and even though on the inside I’m defeated… I smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment