Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My 21 Days... Getting into shape.

Getting into shape… What does that mean exactly?

My 21 Days… Getting into shape

Exactly three weeks ago today I made a commitment to run a mile every day for three straight weeks. Why twenty-one days? According to John Socratous, a researcher, he strongly believes that the difference in ‘success’ and ‘failure’ depends on our habits. He believes, as other researchers believe, that a habit can be formed or broken in twenty-one days. Click here for details. So on March 2, 2010 I was talking with a co-worker of mine, and she told me to continue doing my work out for three straight weeks to ‘train’ my body. Well I took that as, what do I hate doing the most? I could lift all day, but I absolutely despise cardio work outs. So I decided to do twenty-one straight days of running a mile.

Now I know some of you are thinking, a mile? That’s nothing. Well a mile is something when you’re 5’10 270 pounds; with a bad knee, two bad ankles, wearing ankle and wrist weights. Add to that, you haven’t done a significant amount of cardio workouts since your freshman year in high school, add that all together and that’s a long hard mile. I remember day one of my mile, I was at three quarters of a mile, going into that last quarter and I thought I was going to die, I thought about this quote that I had updated on my Facebook wall it went “Work hard, and when working hard becomes tough, work harder.” So thought about that, smiled and increased the speed in which I was running, and no I didn’t die, but I wanted too. But I felt so much better having done that. So I started off really well. And everyday since then I have run a mile. Today is the twenty-first day, so I’m not entirely sure how I’m going to feel tomorrow, I’m not sure if I’m going to feel like “Hey, I need to run a mile or my day isn’t complete.”

I invite my readers… if I have any. To take this journey with me to trying to find out what “Getting into shape” really means. Although I may not look any different, I feel so much better then I felt twenty-one days ago. And isn’t that the purpose? To feel better? I mean hell, if you don’t do anything else in life, if you can just really feel good about what you’re doing and where you are at then yes, it’s worth it!

Over the next few weeks I’m going to be adding tips to working out, eating right, things to eat, things to invest in. We take the time to purchase cars, houses, expensive clothes, phones, computers, shoes, sunglasses, and other things that aren’t going to increase our health and keep us living longer and healthier. If we can purchase that stuff, we can invest in some stuff for our personal health! Add this Blog to you’re e-mail list and stayed tuned to www.vensingray.com because we are all about to get healthy. You start you’re twenty days today, right now, get up, run, lift, shake, do whatever it is that you hate and like it. Stay tuned for future updates. And remember “It’s not about how you look to other people; it’s about how you feel about yourself!”

No comments:

Post a Comment